Hello and Assalamu Alaykum. This post will brief on What I Look Out For Before Buying A Geo Domain.
Honestly, buying a geo domain is not as difficult as selling them. There are various factors to check before buying a geo domain, however, not all of these factors must be satisfied before I settle on buying a geo.
What do I personally look out for before buying a geo domain? I have categorized them into primary and secondary factors.
Note: This is my personal experience/consideration that has been working for me, not a general rule!
- Keyword: I have to make sure the keyword is good. I try to avoid some niches/keywords like Medical (eg Therapist, Surgeon, Doctor, etc), Banking and Finance (eg Banker, Banking, Financial Agency, Accountants, etc) and some other niches (please I may be posting some of these niches I avoid (or like) when I compile them, therefore I will be skipping questions about them).
- Keyword Placement: Generally, I feel more comfortable buying City + keyword (rather than keyword + city). I have roughly just about 15% keyword + city in my portfolio (of over 90 geos).
- Number of end users: My personal minimum target is about 20. However, if I really like the keyword, I can settle for less than 15 (I have sold couple of geos with less than 15 end users)
- That’s it! The 3 points above are the primary factors I consider. Most of my domains satisfy these factors. However, sometimes I try to incorporate some secondary factors listed below
- History: I check when the domain is first registered and what has it been used for. If I see it was used as a Chinese site, I usually ignore the domain (only if I’m not fully convinced with the keywords).
- That’s it! History is my only secondary factor.
Factors others might consider:
- Number of backlinks.
- If it was recently listed for sale.
Hope this little piece is informative. You can also read on some brandable tips here.
You can comment what makes you buy a geo domain whenever you come across one. Hopefully I and other readers can learn from your strategy.