Assalamu Alaykum and Hello. This post titled “The journey after 2 years!” will look into my 2 years journey in the domaining industry. 28 July, 2021 was the day I clocked exactly 2 years.
In this post I’ll be providing a breakdown of my journey in the highlighted points below. I hope the analysis will be insightful.
Some of the Sold Domain names in 2021:
- Roofing Contractor LA .com
- San Anton/i/o Private Security
- Van//couver Mort//gage Brok//e//rage
- Vanc//ouver Elder Care
- Fres//no Ad//vertising Agency
- Ny//city//sign company
- Tinting Newyork .com
- Modesto Ad Agency. Com
- Jacksonville Banner .com
- Seattle Private Investigation. Com
- Montreal Towing Service. Com
- Columbus Power Washing .com
- South Florida Impact Doors. Com
- My first domain acquisition was on 28th July, 2019 via GoDaddy Discount at about $6. The domain name was HostelPrice.com picked from ED
- My First sale came one month later on 29th August, 2019. The domain sold was CBD//Legal//Firm/com. I held the domain for 3 weeks.
- I’ve now sold a total of 187 domains within this period of 24 months. Note: 6 of the sales in 2021 where brandable liquidation ranging from $15-$20 per domain.
- My first sale was $125 via Dan.com platform. And my 187th sale was $299 via Dan.com platform.
- This gives an average of 7.8 sales per month.
- My highest number of sales in a month was 17 sales. This occurred in March 2021.
- Out of the 187 sales, 74.9% occurred through Dan.com, 12.3% occurred through Epik.com, 8.0% through GoDaddy auction platform and 4.8% through afternic.
- Out of the total 187 sales, 87.7% are Geo domains (representing 164 of the total 187), 12.3% are brandables (mostly liquidation)+EMDs (representing 23 of the total 187).
- My highest selling price for a geo domain so far is $699
- The highest selling price for a brandable so far is $600
- Most successful niche is Law niche.
- I’ve sold a law domain in each of the past 20 months.
- My most successful cities are from the state of California. Interestingly, I’ve had only one sale from city of Los Angeles.
- My most sold domains in a day is 4 sales. This occurred 4 times, in March, 2021 and April, 2021, May, 2021 and June, 2021.
- My longest period without a sale is 3 weeks. This occurred 3 times over the past 24 Months.
- I currently hold a total of over 350 domains. This is a combination of SH owned domains, my SH listed domains, and Dan.com listed domains.
- I have a total of 177 premium domains at Squadhelp. Out of which 79 are SH owned and 98 are mine.
- I own 0 domains at Brandbucket.com and liquidated all my Alter listed names.
- I currently own a total of 135 Geo Domains.
- Estimated 95% of my sales were from Googlemap leads
- I currently use 16 different email addresses for Outbound.
- I follow up on a name at least 5 times over a period of 2 months before abandoning it.
- Follow up is the key!
- I do initial outbound even during closing hours, however, I restrict follow up during working hours (USA time).
- I don’t buy much geo domains at a time.
- I’ve sold quite good number of domains from reoutbound. Always try to reoutbound your domains after some months.
I’ll stop here. I hope this statistics are insightful and reader will find a way to learn one or two things from this data.
To some, my journey might be a failure (considering they have had far more success within the same period of 24 months since they started), to others this is a huge success, but to me, this is everything.
I’m forever grateful to Allah for this achievement.
More sales to us all. I wish us a better second half of 2021!