Assalamu Alaykum and Hello. This post titled “My 85th Sale: The journey so far after 16 months” will look into my 16 months journey in the domaining industry. 28th November, 2020 was the day I clocked exactly 16 Months.
In this post I’ll be providing a breakdown of my journey in the highlighted points below. I hope the analysis will be insightful.
- My first domain acquisition was on 28th July, 2019 via GoDaddy Discount at about $6. The domain name was HostelPrice.com picked from ED
- My First sale came one month later on 29th August, 2019. The domain sold was CBD//Legal//Firm/com. I held the domain for 3 weeks.
- My first sale was $125 via Dan.com platform. And my 85th sale was $499 via Dan.com platform.
- Since the first sale, I’ve had a total of 85 sales in the period of 16 months.
- This gives an average of 5.3 sales per month.
- My highest number of sales in a month is 13 sales. This occurred in November 2020. However, it was not my highest revenue.
- My highest revenue in a month is $3,xxx which occurred in August 2020.
- Out of the 85 sales, 71% occurred through Dan.com, 15% occurred through Epik.com and 14% through GoDaddy auction platform. I’ve never had a sale directly from Afternic platform. However, GoDaddy platform and afternic platform are almost the same.
- These 85 sales result to a total of over $15,xxx+ in gross income.
- This gives an average of over $9xx per month over the past 16 months.
- Out of the total 85 sales, 84.7% are Geo domains (representing 72 of the total 85), 15.3 % are brandables+EMDs (representing 13 of the total 85).
- My highest selling price for a geo domain so far is $499
- The highest selling price for a brandable so far is $600
- Most successful niche is Law niche, with 26 sales. Taking 31% of my total sales.
- I’ve sold a law domain in each of the past 12 months.
- My most successful cities are from the state of California. Interestingly, I’ve had only one sale from city of Los Angeles.
- My most sold domains in a day is 3 sales. This occurred twice in July 2020 and November 2020.
- My longest period without a sale is 3 weeks. This occurred 3 times over the past 16 Months.
- I currently hold a total of over 300 domains. This is a combination of SH owned domains, my SH listed domains, Alter listed domains, and Dan.com listed domains.
- I have a total of 140 premium domains at Squadhelp. Out of which 89 are SH owned and 51 are mine.
- My oldest domain at squadhelp is 8 months old.
- I own 10 domains at the new brandable market place Alter.com
- I own 0 domains at Brandbucket.com. However, I’ll soon start building my BB portfolio.
- I currently own a total of 95 Geo Domains.
- Over the past 16 months, I’ve watched a total of 26 domains expired from my portfolio.
- I’ve sold over 3X the domains I’ve seen Expired. This may own to the fact that I’m very strict on acquisition. I buy domains I really really like.
- I currently hold just 1.3X the domains I’ve sold.
- I’ve sold a law domain in each month over the past 1 year.
- I’m yet to make a sale on Squadhelp despite having 140 premium domains. However, the oldest of this domain is 8 months. I might start expecting sale when most of the domains are in their 2nd year.
I’ll stop here. I hope this statistics are insightful and reader will find a way to learn one or two things from this data.
To some, my journey might be a failure (considering they have had far more success within the same period of 16 months since they started), to others this is a huge success, but to me, this is everything.
I’m forever grateful to Allah for this achievement.
More sales to us all.